HUB85 AND THE GDPR
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will significantly heighten the responsibilities of data controllers and processors that control EU resident data. GDPR is not limited to content within a database – it will impact all organizations that have resident data contained within any file type, including spreadsheets.
Long-established spreadsheet processes that exist outside of a robust governance and remediation framework pose a risk for GDPR compliance. Furthermore, many organizations still use spreadsheets as a source for data storage, and this can result in many organizations falling short of demonstrating compliance.
HUB85 comes with a “GDPR Toolkit” already built in. The toolkit strengthens our commitment to improve spreadsheet governance and enable organizations to have better controls over their spreadsheet environment.
HUB85 GDPR Toolkit:
- Data discovery
- Automatic data discovery identifies personal or controlled data residing within spreadsheets across your entire organization.
- Demonstrate that your organization knows what data they hold, where it is stored, and who it is shared with.
- Inventory Management
- Establish a thorough system for maintaining and monitoring an inventory of spreadsheets that contain controlled data.
- No need to adjust how employees are already working, HUB85 seamlessly fits into any organization without disrupting the existing processes or workflow.
- Governance & Control
- Control framework for spreadsheets ensures you know who is accessing information and that you have complete transparency and auditability.
- Risk Assessment
- Automatically see which spreadsheets are most critical or present the biggest risk to your organization and prioritize the remediation process accordingly.
- Establish a file classification framework to easily keep track and have instant visibility on what is important.
- Data retention and deletion
- Accurately and quickly fulfil the “right to be forgotten” and remove personal data from all spreadsheets within the organization.
- Evolve your privacy program
- Customize the data you capture and analyse, and add new definitions or classifications of data as your requirements change.