As an Excel Developer and Consultant at Hub 85, you will have a fantastic opportunity to work with some of our large financial institution clients, based in Central London, who are embarking on a large-scale MS Office migrations.
You will have prior experience as a RAD developer, a strong understanding of Microsoft Excel and VBA. Your primary role will be testing the integrity of existing Excel spreadsheets to make sure they are compliant based on the company’s internal EUC policy and ensure all business-critical files are compatible in office 2016.
You will have the skills and ability to remediate any compatibility issues or poorly designed/built spreadsheets. You appreciate simple solutions and have the ability to deliver efficient, well designed enhancements to existing spreadsheet models.
You will work with internal IT teams as well as the end users. You will be confident in developing tactical spreadsheet solutions that can be used as prototypes prior to the firm developing internally developed solutions.
You will be able to manage your work load and prioritise requests for ad-hoc spreadsheet automation.
This is an initial 6-month contract with likelihood of extension.
The ideal candidate:
- 5+ years proven success in RAD and spreadsheet development
- Problem solver, comfortable taking the initiative in challenging and ambiguous circumstances
- A systematic approach to both support and development
- Friendly, approachable and collaborative team player who enjoys working with people from across the firm
- Continuous improvement mindset, challenges the status quo and seeks self-improvement
- Capable of remaining positive when under pressure
- Excellent technical and investigatory analysis skills.
Required Technical Skills:
- MS Excel Expert – Familiar with the Excel Object Model.
- Experience with MS SQL Server
- Experience with writing advanced VBA
- Experience working in a Rapid Application Development (RAD) team
- Experience with 3rd party libraries such as Bloomberg, Reuters
- Understands the nuances of Excel versions between 2003 – 2016
How to apply:
Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org