We are a young, agile company and we are committed to making solutions that help businesses use information more efficiently. We are looking for like-minded people to join us.
An exclusive role and a fantastic opportunity with one of our clients, a Large financial institution based in Central London, who is embarking on a large-scale MS Office migration. This is an initial 6-month contract with likelihood of extension.
The primary role will be testing the integrity of existing Excel spreadsheets to make sure they are compliant based on the company’s internal EUC policy and ensure all business-critical files are compatible in office 2016. The individual will need the skills to be able to remediate any compatibility issues or poorly designed/built spreadsheets.
You will be working with the internal IT teams as well as the end users. Whilst remediating spreadsheets, you will need to be able to develop tactical spreadsheet solutions that will be used as prototypes prior to the firm developing internally developed solutions. There may also be requests for ad-hoc spreadsheet automation.
Proprietary tools will be provided to analyse the spreadsheets and overall usage behaviour to improve the migration process.
The following experience/skill-set is required to be successful:
– Problem solver, comfortable taking the initiative in challenging and ambiguous circumstances
– Systematic approach to both support and development
– Friendly, approachable and collaborative team player who enjoys working with people from across the firm
– Continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks self improvement
– Capable of remaining positive when under pressure
– Excellent technical and investigatory analysis skills.
– MS Excel Expert – Familiar with the Excel Object Model.
– Experience with MS SQL Server
– Experience with writing advanced VBA
– Experience working in a Rapid Application Development (RAD) team
– Experience with 3rd party libraries such as Bloomberg, Reuters
– Understands the nuances of Excel versions between 2003 – 2016
Please send your CV to email@example.com if you are interested in the role.
We are looking for pro-active, problem solvers who want to do real work and help drive our new initiatives forward.
- Experience in B2B marketing
- Ideally having some creative flair
- Ideally having some data, analytics and technology industry experience
- Turning technical and in-depth information into easy-to-digest copy
- Proofreading copy to ensure it is of high standard and grammatically correct
- Assisting in the production stages of the client marketing materials
- Idea generation around marketing strategy
- Technically Savvy
- Experienced in looking at data and drawing conclusions from insights
- Interested in business intelligence and business operations
- An appreciation of business process, operational efficiency, and risk management
- Ideally already having experience in a data intensive business
- Test new software functionality and provide concise, thoughtful feedback
- Idea generation for transforming in-depth information into easy-to-digest actions
- Idea generation for developing reports and analytical insights
- Spreadsheet Savvy
- Natural interest in Learning & Development
- Comfortable recording video tutorials (voice-over only)
- Ideally having competence in VBA although not a requirement
- Testing our new (highly confidential) training technology
- Creating video training materials
Our internships offer great benefits:
- Work on solutions that will make it into the real world
- Learn about the London Business School Incubator
- See how a lean startup really operates
- Get some technical skills training
- Work with other amazing interns
- Have lunch with our team